Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lake Wenatchee & Leavenworth

Price: n/a
Thoughts: ☆☆☆☆☆




Alright, it has been far too long since my last update. Having gone camping for a few days with some good friends of mine, I realized that I did not take as many pictures as I had hoped (partially due to the fact that I did not carry my phone with me at all times.

Without further ado, here are the pictures! (As scarce as they may be)


Roasting corn in the fire pit


Having gotten picked up from my condo in the morning, we began our drive over to the campsite. I didn't really take many photos as I slept through the majority of the car ride. Some interesting conversation between Lanna and her family in Alaska, included her repeatedly saying something about someone's "butthole". Eventually she cleared our confusion by indicating that it was the shorthand form of "halibut hole".

It was well into the afternoon when we finally reached our destination. Which was a good time to start cooking dinner for the group. We separated ourselves into groups to manage the food tasks for each day. Tonight was mine and we decided to go with making tacos.


Warming up some tortilla wraps


More roasted corn


It was safe to say that the tacos turned out pretty well. Not to mention the roasted corn was always another bonus (there was so much corn that it is safe to assume we had that for every meal except breakfast).


Heating up some tomato sauce


The second day's dinner consisted of spaghetti and tomato sauce. Very simple, but definitely hard to go wrong with. Again, roasted corn made it's appearance.


A cooler full of beer and soda


Leavenworth


I have never been here before, but many of my friends have visited here before. My general impression of the entire place is a German-themed Disneyland.


Sandy's Waffle & Dinner Haus


The Menu


Shrimp and Chips


The customer service here was very nice. The price for your food was also very nice ($) and I would have to say is worth coming to eat. It had a similar atmosphere to Sherry's except without the all-you-can-eat fish and chip dish.

I played it safe and got the shrimp and chips since it was the first meal of the day.


An easel featuring their cherries


Baskets of Cherries


On the drive back to Seattle we came across this easel featuring $1.00/basket of cherries. That's a pretty good deal for some local farm produce. However, it was definitely misleading as the $1.00 baskets were painfully tiny. The larger basket you see next to it was $6.00.

Two of the larger baskets were purchased anyways and it was back to the road again. We passed by a reptile farm that one of us wanted to go to. But we passed on it when we opened the door to see how empty it was. Definitely not worth the admission price. But the BBQ Bus was a nice touch to their parking lot.


The front of the BBQ Bus


BBQ Bus Menu


I regret not snapping a picture of the huge smoker next to the bus where the ribs were all being cooked. The smell of smoked meats was addictive.

Eventually we made it back to Seattle and I prepared the shower for a nice deep cleaning after not bathing properly for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment