Friday, April 9, 2010

Le Fournil

Price: $
Thoughts: ☆☆☆☆½
Le Fournil: Menu


Cloudy & Rainy to Bright and Sunny within an hour!


When the weather is sunny and warm my mood for eating gravitates towards cafes and places with lots of windows. Le Fournil has just that! My friend Shirley introduced this place to me sometime ago last year with her friends. The name literally translates to "the bakehouse" and is located along Eastlake Ave just after the bridge near the University of Washington. With a relatively narrow range of opening hours gives it a special feel (to me).

I have already been here a couple times so I have a good feel of what I enjoy getting: the lunch special, which is a pretty complete meal for $9; a choice of sandwich/salad/quiche/soup, dessert, and drink. My ham and swiss sandwich was quite delicious and warm, the strawberry-pistachio tarte, and a glass of orange juice.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos as I just wolfed everything down without realizing! But I do have one from October of their delicious Opera and strawberry-pistachio tartes.


Opera + Strawberry-Pistachio Tarte


If you can get here before it's closed (6PM Tue-Sat, 3PM Sun, Closed Mon) I would highly recommend trying any of their pastries.

No comments:

Post a Comment