Monday, March 8, 2010

Elliott Bay Brewery

Price: $$
Thoughts: ☆☆☆☆½
Elliott Bay Brewery: Menu

Despite the fact that I parked the car in front of the place, I felt that this place was overshadowed by Talarico's Pizzeria, which sported a bright neon sign displaying their name as opposed to the Elliott Bay Brewery logo being illuminated with floodlights.

The furnishings reminded me of eating at other places like Schulty's Sausage on the ave. Seating didn't require waiting, as we were allowed a seat anywhere there was an open spot. We had already glanced at the menu a few nights before to get any idea of what to expect.

We started off with a half order of the Elliott Bay Nachos, which was a literal mountain of toppings dripping with awesome. And by awesome I mean jack and cheddar cheeses, homemade chili,
tomatoes, onions, olives and jalapeno peppers, sour cream, homemade pico de
gallo and guacamole on the side:



Eventually we finished the nachos which had already been quite satisfying (the nachos from the 88 Keys lost to the Elliott Bay). Kevin had gotten the Brewer's Burger, and it was quite big (starting to see a pattern here). It consisted of "the works", sautéed mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, and cheddar cheese:



While waiting for my order; the Black Angus Philly Cheese Steak, I was under the assumption it was going to be a regularly sized cheese steak like most other places I've eaten them at so I had already been looking through for what to get for dessert:



Their take on the cheese steak had shaved Black Angus steak grilled with braised onions and melted with American cheese. The bocca roll worked well as it was nice and soft and easy to sink my teeth into despite it's size. I managed to finish half of it before getting a box. There was no room for dessert. This was definitely one of the more satisfying meals I've had the past week. Although I'm not a big fan for leftovers (reheated food doesn't feel the same), I was already looking forward to breakfast, yes. This was breakfast the following day.

I would have made this a place to go out and eat on a regular basis if it wasn't so far away. Have to go through two freeways and over a bridge just to get there. Was it worth it? Yes, it offered one of the best in the quality/quantity/value ratio.

When I eat here again (didn't want to say 'if' because I really plan eating here again), I would want to give their french dip a try. I've always enjoyed the combination of au jus and roast beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment