Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Malena's Taco Shop

Price: $
Thoughts: ☆☆½
(Website and Menu unavailable)


This choice was originally for Monday but I was not feeling well so we pushed it to Tuesday instead. We were in a hurry primarily due to the fact that we had free tickets to the last showing of the IMAX 3-D of Avatar at the Pacific Science Center. A quick skim down the list and I chose a taco shop that was along the way to our destination. This one was on Market Street down in Ballard, probably one of the places I would feel most comfortable walking around. Lots of great places to eat, things to see, and you're close to Golden Gardens as well!

Kevin and I grabbed four tacos each; two shrimp and two carne asada. The taste of the soft taco shell and the fried shrimp reminded me of my trip down to Ensenada. However, that was where the similarity ended. I found the amount of tomato and raw onion was a bit overpowering to the point where you could almost not taste the meat underneath it all, like a vegetarian taco or something.



The place was pretty empty save for the employees there. I can imagine it being more packed with high school kids during the summer. The tacos quelled my hunger for a little while, but did not leave me feeling completely satisfied along with the taste of raw onions lingering in my breath until washing it down with Sour Patch Kids and a Coke at the IMAX.

I probably wouldn't come back here for a meal but maybe a snack during the warmer weather if I'm in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment